[LMB] Footwear

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 28 09:30:06 GMT 2016

From: Rachel <anglerfish at gmail.com>

Howard:
> I wonder what improvements there will be in footwear, for people planet
> bound and in space ships.   (And in improved gloves for Quaddies).    I
> expect there will be better protection for people exploring new planets.

Rachel:
Having spent the last three years in barefeet or minimal footwear, I've
become very aware of how much regular shoes BIND my feet, or act as a sort
of cast. I would hope that future-shoes are much more mobile and allow for
(or facilitate) the development of ones foot and toe muscles rather than
their atrophy.

Gwynne: Ah the joys of summer! Now I can go barefoot most of the time, although
bindies mean I need shoes when I'm walking on the grass. But it's so nice not to need
shoes, and just slip on sandals when necessary. Free the feet! (And yes, summer.
Here on the correct continent it's heading into full hot summer, ready for a blazing
Christmas.)