[LMB] ot: quilting

Hilary Powers hilary at powersedit.com
Mon Nov 28 18:38:31 GMT 2016

On 11/28/2016 6:54 AM, Sylvia McIvers wrote:
On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
wrote:

> would you believe my daughter saved dog fur, and had it spun into
> yarn, from which she made some small shawls.
>
> Yeah, it's a very long-coated dog, a Tibetan Mastiff. loses a whole
> lot of fur when you comb him, especially in the summer.
>
> Here's a photo of half the yarn spun into skeins. That's Apollo's
> nose in the edge of the picture.
>
> http://www.scaryyankeechick.com/2015/03/26/yarn/

You might suggest she try needle felting some of it - since it doesn't
reek of dog, she could have fun making a portrait of her dog out of
it.... (Techniques discussed in the workshop section of <www.salfelt.com>.)

--
-       Hilary Powers - hilary at powersedit.com - Oakland CA         -
- "Making Word 2010 Work for You" - www.the-efa.org/res/booklets.php -