[LMB] Footwear

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Nov 29 08:05:32 GMT 2016

On Nov 28, 2016, at 04:20 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

Gwynne: The worst thing in the grass is bindies, which are the vegetation
equivalent of caltrops, only a lot smaller and amazingly painful.

amf: Sounds like what we called "goatheads" in Albuquerque NM. The plant that I saw, but doesn't come up in Wikipedia under Goat -foot or -head, was very much like a caltrop--and some descriptions of this type of plant specifically mentions caltrops--but seemed to be a member of solanaceae, as the fruit, before it dried to be a painful nuisance looked rather like a small eggplant. The plant that Gwynne mentions may possibly be a US Noxious Weed, Emex australis Steinh., commonly known as southern threecornerjack.

Marina
if this comes in Italic style, it'll be because I couldn't get it to turn off.