[LMB] Kosher

M R Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Tue Nov 29 16:10:48 GMT 2016

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016, at 08:11, Beatrice Otter wrote:

> Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
>
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2016, at 22:38, Luke Bretscher wrote:> On Mon, Nov 28,
> 2016 at 3:53 PM, Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:
 . . .
> > ​With all the Russian (and, to a lesser extent, Greek) influence on
> > Barrayar, I always imagined there was at least a noticeable minority of
> > Eastern Orthodox on the planet.​

> From: M R Dolbear <m.dolbear at lineone.net>:
.> The extra problem here is that these and all the other with Apostolic
.> Succession canons don't have a Bishop.
.>
.> So they either start by going non-Orthodox  or otherwise fragment
into
.> new sects.

> Beatrice Otter:How do you know they don't have bishops?  If they kept the
> social cachet they have now, sure, we probably would have seen them.  But
> if they are a minority religion that doesn't happen to be common in
> Vorkosigan District, or among the High Vor, we wouldn't have seen them.

What I was assuming was the sheer unlikelyhood of even one  bishop in
the founder 40,000, not many of whom were  Orthodox  and few expecting a
long stay.

Little Egret by email (Windows Live Mail)
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames