[LMB] Kosher

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Tue Nov 29 17:28:37 GMT 2016

I'm reminded of a short story concerning a time when all food was manufactured from scratch. It had gotten to the point that members of a congressional committee became physically ill at the word carnivore.
The last line of the story was spelling out cannibal.

We has strong taboos against eating human. (In spite of the joke about being a humanitarian.) I am glad for those taboos. As RAH said it could be dangerous with the high cost of beef.

However, with vat technology, the practical objections such as disease and murder would no longer apply. What would be left are the cultural and religious concerns.

Think of a colony that was cut off from the nexus that had all of the vat technology but no source of meat except the colonists.

Sent from my iPhone