[LMB] Kosher

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 30 14:19:45 GMT 2016

On 11/30/16 1:58 AM, lois-bujold-request at lists.herald.co.uk wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2016, at 10:21 PM, baur baur<baur at chello.at>  wrote:
>
> put (slightly sour) apples with the onions .. yum ..
>
> Do you mean tart? The kind which are best for pies? Examples are Granny Smith, most modern Pippins.
>
> Marina

One of my standard savory pies around here is called "Cornish Pie" from
the Scottish Women's Rural Society cookery book, and uses equal weights
of Lamb or Mutton, Apples and Onions.

Meanwhile, back at the original topic "Kosher": Of course, this is under
consideration by those who make the rulings. Preliminary findings seem
to be No, Yes and Maybe. I'm still looking for some good Halal discussions.