[LMB] Kosher

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Wed Nov 30 19:04:23 GMT 2016

Kind Regards,
Helen Fenton

> On 1 Dec 2016, at 12:18 AM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>>
> I grew up with liver cut in very small places and dipped in flour before being cooked with diced onions and bacon.   I didn’t know how dry liver could be until I ordered it at a restaurant when I was on my own.
> --
I grew up with my mother's recipe for Lamb's Fry ( lambs liver) and bacon. She would take the Lambs fry and soak it in cold lightly salted water. She would strip the skin and scraggy bits off then slice the fry very finely. Dry it off with paper towels. In a heavy pan she would cook chopped bacon and sliced onions until the onions were caramelised then put them aside and cook the slices of lambs fry drenched in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Lightly brown on both sides, then return bacon and onions to the pan with a teaspoonful of mixed herbs and a cup of chicken stock ( salt free and add extra water if needed) . Simmer lightly while scraping the browned bits off the base of the pan. Should only take a few minutes to thicken the gravy. Serve with mashed potatoes . Absolutely delicious !!!

Helen ( now you have all set me off - wondering if my butcher has a nice Lambs Fry handy )