[LMB] October Birthday Tixie arrives!

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 07:36:16 BST 2016

The October Birthday Tixie arrives carrying hard hats, metal detectors, shovels,
brushes and a lot of other mysterious clanking tools in a canvas bag. She drops the
bag with a clatter, and stops a minute to catch her breath.

Today, Kris, we are going only a short distance from Greenwell Town to the House of
Jurald . . . Penric's childhood home! After a picnic, we've been allowed to muck
around there today in all the mud of the seasonal changes with our equipment. The
whole family has turned out, and although initially suspicious of our tools, they
are soon enchanted with the beeping noises and blinking lights. Your metal detector
starts squeeing insistently . . . we overturn a very old foundation stone. "Ah,
that's where the old house was before it burned down 250 years ago," the Lord of
Jurald said. He heads over, and pretty soon everyone's metal detectors are beeping.

Under the stone, you find an old cracked vase, and inside that . . . a tiara --
diamonds and sapphires set in gold! It's a beautiful treasure. One after another,
the others come up with treasures galore, and in the happiness of the moment, they
generously let you keep your tiara as a momento of the lovely day.

Wishing you a happy birthday in and out of your imagination! (An explosion of Tixie
Dust, and we are all home again.)