[LMB] Birthday Tixie

Katrina Allis k.m.allis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 10:51:19 BST 2016

Ooooh, what a lovely treat!  Thank you.

I love wandering around fairs.  I have a weakness for bric a brac stalls
and anything with interesting ingredients.  (I have a weakness for
new/unusual spices and I try to cook with them too.) I would buy far too
many things - that float chair will come in handy for both my sore feet and
purchases.

I had a fairly normal work day with the addition of a very nice coffee, rum
and pecan cake, then was taken out to dinner at a favourite local
restaurant - an excellent Korean BBQ place.

Had calls with family this morning as a 12 hour time difference can make
talking challenging and my parents were worn out by my 5 year old nephew
staying with them in the school holidays.   Lots of books, including the
new edition of Ottolenghi's *Jerusalem, Illuminae* by Amie Kaufman and Jay
Kristoff, plus *Of Mice and Magic* by Ursula Vernon (the second Hamster
Princess book).

Katrina