[LMB] google-fu needed

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 13:50:59 BST 2016

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Lois McMaster Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com
> wrote:

> So...
>
> I am in need of a good-resolution public domain image of a painting or
> aquatint as much as possible in the style of the art on the two Penric
> e-covers, but this time of a pre-modern Greek or Mediteranean port city,
> preferably with a fortress by the shore and hills in the background.
>
> I realize that during the era of the prior pix, Greece was a conquest of
> the Ottoman empire, so there probably weren't a lot of itinerant artists
> there wandering around painting landscapes.   Or else I just haven't found
> the right image-mine.
>
> So see what y'all can turn up...

Here's the best one I've gotten so far
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwallpapercave.com%2Fwp%2FIJpxztB.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwallpapercave.com%2Fmediterranean-wallpaper&docid=OIeP8_qt8zK_6M&tbnid=JxG8aTyLbmHIkM%3A&w=2236&h=1118&bih=894&biw=1358&ved=0ahUKEwiw4rHDnsvPAhVKOz4KHbisCWIQMwiCASheMF4&iact=mrc&uact=8

I got it with the google search "fortress sea mediterranean art painting".

Hope this helps,

Karen Hunt