[LMB] google-fu needed

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Sat Oct 8 15:04:22 BST 2016

(top posting, leaving the below for reference)

LMB:  These are mostly the right kind of territory, but I can't use
photographs, pix in an obviously modern painting style (which may also
not yet be public domain), pix with modern objects -- telephone lines,
cars, motor boats, whatever -- in them, or pix with too many figures
(such that they cannot be cropped out) in the wrong kind of historical
dress.

Viz the latter, the image I used for "Penric's Demon" had two figures in
very 19th C. costume, but the were in the right foreground and could be
cropped, leaving the castle formerly in the background to take center stage.

The ideal picture in my head indeed has the sea in the foreground, but
they seem to be rare, for the probable reason of where would the artist
stand?

Ta, L.

[LMB] google-fu needed
Baur baur at chello.at
Sat Oct 8 10:57:46 BST 2016

not greek - bur adriatic

korcula:

https://goo.gl/images/xvb82j

https://goo.gl/images/GukuDT

https://goo.gl/images/ccAFNm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kor%C4%8Dula_(town)

hvar:

https://goo.gl/images/xh72Z8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hvar_(city)

trogir:

https://goo.gl/images/ZkzymD

https://goo.gl/images/J16v2a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trogir

i dont think these are entirely in the correct style (yet), but might
give us a leg up in the search - anything you like a lot .. ?

servus

markus