[LMB] google-fu needed

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 16:31:35 BST 2016

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Lois McMaster Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com
> wrote:

> (top posting, leaving the below for reference)
>
> LMB:  These are mostly the right kind of territory, but I can't use
> photographs, pix in an obviously modern painting style (which may also not
> yet be public domain), pix with modern objects -- telephone lines, cars,
> motor boats, whatever -- in them, or pix with too many figures (such that
> they cannot be cropped out) in the wrong kind of historical dress.
>
> Viz the latter, the image I used for "Penric's Demon" had two figures in
> very 19th C. costume, but the were in the right foreground and could be
> cropped, leaving the castle formerly in the background to take center stage.
>
> The ideal picture in my head indeed has the sea in the foreground, but
> they seem to be rare, for the probable reason of where would the artist
> stand?

I'll take one more try - these (like the first one I put up) are Italian
rather than Greek, but I kind of figure the Greek equivalents in 5 Gods
might take on some Italian properties due to the lack of an Italy...

http://www.architecturerevived.com/italian-renaissance-at-smithsonian-museum-of-art/

The second and third pictures seem possible, though the better one (the
third), is from the wrong perspective.

Karen Hunt