[LMB] google-fu needed

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sat Oct 8 16:33:20 BST 2016

> On Oct 8, 2016, at 8:04 AM, Lois McMaster Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com> wrote:
>
> Viz the latter, the image I used for "Penric's Demon" had two figures in very 19th C. costume, but the were in the right foreground and could be cropped, leaving the castle formerly in the background to take center stage.

It’s hard to create fashions for times and places that haven’t existed.   Well, not for steam-punk - but for most F&SF.    We have all seen covers of SF magazines with recognizable 1950’s fashions.

Medieval like fantasy has one advantage in that pre-industrial clothing industry hasn’t made cheap clothing available.    But I certainly appreciate variations from costumes that I have seen in our world.