[LMB] google-fu aid

Baur baur at chello.at
Sun Oct 9 08:28:27 BST 2016

Am 09.10.2016 um 02:58 schrieb Katherine Collett:
> Okay, I'm going to join in the fun for a bit.
>
> Thomas Cole? Maybe the middle back part of this? https://thevelvetrocket.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/thomas-cole-the-course-of-empire-the-consummation.jpg

fairy tale? roman imperial version of rivendell?

> Hendrick Cornelisz Vroom?  The part to the right?  https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Vromm_Hendrick_Cornelisz_A_Castle_with_a_Dutch_Ship_Sailing_Nearby.jpg

that one is fun .. while VOC ship is reasonably accurate, i cannot
figure out just where the landscape is supposed to be .. 8)

> A more mediaeval looking scene (but it has the red tile roofs!): https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Konrad_von_Grünenberg_-_Beschreibung_der_Reise_von_Konstanz_nach_Jerusalem_-_Blatt_13v-14r.jpg
>
> I'm looking for a painting of Dubrovnik, but so far I can only find this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritime_republics#/media/File:Vistaderagusa1667.jpg
> (because this is what Dubrovnik looks like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubrovnik#/media/File:Dubrovnik_-_Croatia.jpg -- not a painting, and too modern, but just to illustrate).

dubrovnik is strangely hard to find good pictures for - one would
suppose its important enough for painters to have it on their itinerary

> Or Korcula; prints here: http://www.korculainfo.com/prints-of-korcula-and-surrounding-area-from-1851/  Let's see, I think this is a wikimedia image here: https://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Датотека:Panorama_della_Costa_e_delle_isole_di_Dalmazia_nei_viaggi_dei_Piroscafi_del_Lloyd_Austriaco_(1857).jpg

katherine, have you seen the korcula pics i posted some time ago?

servus

markus

> Anyway, those are some ideas.
>
> Katherine