[LMB] Regrets, Miles had a few.....

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 08:34:32 BST 2016

 When you frame it like that (horrible mistakes, but then Miles made lemonade out
of them, ergo no regrets permitted), then it seems an impossible task! I think one
of the themes of the book is that our mistakes make us who we are today, and even
though we may unwish them, perhaps it's just as well that we can't; we wouldn't
have the happinesses that we do.

I am brought to mind that Miles wishes that he'd warned ImpSec that he was going
out to the plant with Vorsoisson. I think that might have been a regret he still
carries, because I'm sure he would have figured out a way to be with Ekaterin then
without all the hassle and problems. (-: Would have made a much less interesting
story, of course. Except, Miles has a flair for "interesting" so perhaps a messy
divorce with a live Tien could have made for a bloody, exciting tale. But maybe
Miles wouldn't think that way.

Micki