[LMB] google-fu aid

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Sun Oct 9 12:52:44 BST 2016

[LMB] google-fu aid
M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 08:14:28 BST 2016

Micki:  This one is from Corfu. I think what you need is a place that
has a two-armed
harbor (so to speak) so that you have a place for the artist to stand upon.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Edward_Gennys_Fanshawe,_Corfu,_Octr._12th_1857_(Greece).jpg

If you crop this hard, it might give you what you need, as far as having
a plain
area to put a title and other stuff into. Not sure if the
landscape/seascape is
quite what you want.

LMB:  This one is getting warmer.  Note that very horizontal
compositions are less helpful; whatever we use has got to be cropped to
vertical book-proportions.

I'm also soon going to need a title, which people who haven't read the
story are handicapped in providing.  The problem is not being very
tractable just at present.  If I'm going to depart from the format of
"Penric and ..."  or "Penric's ...", the time is now; three times and
I'll really be stuck with it.

"Penric's Big Adventure" and "The Perils of Penric" are both right out...

Ta, L.