[LMB] google-fu aid

Baur baur at chello.at
Sun Oct 9 13:41:23 BST 2016

Am 09.10.2016 um 13:52 schrieb Lois McMaster Bujold:
> [LMB] google-fu aid
> M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
> Sun Oct 9 08:14:28 BST 2016
>

> Micki:  This one is from Corfu. I think what you need is a place that
> has a two-armed
> harbor (so to speak) so that you have a place for the artist to stand upon.
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Edward_Gennys_Fanshawe,_Corfu,_Octr._12th_1857_(Greece).jpg

this one here has more buildings, more oriental flavour and less landscape

http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/full.php?ID=151206#

you can crop on both sides (more on the right hand side, and you have
lots of sky and mountainscape for the title

http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/full.php?ID=156138

again - crop on the right hand side. lots of lovely blue sky .. and that
mediterranean light

http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/full.php?ID=156137

crop mostly on the left, city very much in the background, though

> If you crop this hard, it might give you what you need, as far as having
> a plain
> area to put a title and other stuff into. Not sure if the
> landscape/seascape is
> quite what you want.
>
> LMB:  This one is getting warmer.  Note that very horizontal
> compositions are less helpful; whatever we use has got to be cropped to
> vertical book-proportions.
>
> I'm also soon going to need a title, which people who haven't read the
> story are handicapped in providing.  The problem is not being very
> tractable just at present.  If I'm going to depart from the format of
> "Penric and ..."  or "Penric's ...", the time is now; three times and
> I'll really be stuck with it.
>
> "Penric's Big Adventure" and "The Perils of Penric" are both right out...

so "Penric: what I did during summer holidays" is also out .. 8)

servus

markus

> Ta, L.

Email from my mobile connection.