[LMB] Narnia, Susan and Reaction (was: Re: GJ&RQ - A start for Ch 12)

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 00:35:26 BST 2016

From: Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>

> Suddenly I'm reminded of High King Peter, Queen Susan, King Edmund, and
> Young Queen Lucy, who suddenly have to go back to being children, and told
> what to do.  Must have been tough.

Aaand this is actually why I think Susan denies Narnia.  Because she had been adult and Queen and In Charge... and then suddenly she wasn't anymore... and then they DID go back to Narnia, to assist a revolution... and then they're back in powerlessness and there is NO WAY BACK to Queenhood... I'd pretend it had all been a dream too.  Because otherwise, trapped in the 1950s with the 1950s attitudes to women and the memory of being a free Queen with no one over her, any sane woman would go completely mad.
(I have a lot of feelings about Susan.)

I think Lucy didn't have the same trouble because Lucy had been *Young* Queen Lucy, not the Senior Queen.  She was a queen who still had to do what Queen Susan and King Peter told her.  It was less of an adjustment because she was never without an authority to answer to.
Raye

 raye_j at yahoo.com
I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men and other mythical creatures.