[LMB] [stirling] Oh, for pity's sake, Ursula!

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Mon Oct 10 04:47:50 BST 2016

I loved Left Hand of Darkness and hated Dispossessed. To each her own.

As for "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas", to my mind, the only proper
actions by those who walk away (if they survive of course) is to either
spread the secret far and wide and cause as much stink as possible or to
come back and turn Omelas into smoking rubble.

There seems to be a trend to totally dismiss any question of morality by
saying "that is their culture, all cultures are equal, therefore you mustn't
criticize. I side with the British in suppressing suttee. Of course it you
Google "Suttee" you will find that suppression labeled "Cultural
Imperialism."

William A Wenrich
Christian, Husband, Father, Grandfather, Son, American -- Here I stand. I
can do no other. God help me!