[LMB] Regrets, Miles had a few.....

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:45:59 BST 2016

From: Robert Woodward <robertaw at drizzle.com>

> On Oct 10, 2016, at 7:29 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, most of Miles's worst moments or worst decisions led to pretty
> good outcomes. Eventually.
> How about others?
> Would Aral wish he'd never married his first wife?
> Or how about wishing he'd put a more trustworthy guard on the Councillors
> in that gymnasium on Komarr?

I really doubt that the Political Officer was guarding the prisoners. Aral needed guards who could tell the Political Officer to stuff it. I doubt that his fleet had any such guards. What he needed was somebody bird-dogging the PO and who could warn Aral in time for him to intervene.

GP: True. I should have been more clear - what I meant was that Aral should have
selected guards who were loyal to him and obeyed his orders rather than allowing
the political officer and his minions into the venue.