[LMB] GJ&RQ - A start for Ch 12

Jennifer Johnson jennifer.johnson2557 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 01:54:13 BST 2016

On 11 October 2016 at 20:04, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
> The things I regret the most I still regret. I'm thankful that I can't change them because I would not have the things I loved the most.

Exactly. One can (and does) regret bad things that have happened
(especially to others) despite good having resulted (especially to
yourself). To me, there's something almost immoral about thinking, "Oh
well, its okay that Tien died because I wound up getting my heart's
desire. Don't have to regret that anymore!"

A time machine would be a terrible / wonderful thing. The ethical
considerations are mind boggling.