[LMB] GJ&RQ - A start for Ch 12

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 16:35:09 BST 2016

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 07:06:45 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>> On Oct 12, 2016, at 2:27 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Me, I'd change several things if I could go back.  Depends on how far back
>>> I would go.
>>
>> I'd do a number of things differently, I suspect.  But not *too*
>> differently.
>
>The hard part is when you or your loved ones make *big* mistakes.   Maybe resulting in divorce - but also resulting in your current maturity and marriage.

I have a daughter; I'd not like to change things such that she didn't
happen. :)

>On topic, we have various big mistakes that Miles made, resulting in his death, his bad health, his betraying Impsec, and failing to keep his future wife’s husband alive.   Or just keep Cordelia away from the terrorists while pregnant?!?!?
>

>> When you see that meme that says: "Three words to yourself, age 17"?
>>
>> I'd say: "Buy Microsoft Stock!"
>
>So how much could your 17 year old self afford to buy?

Not much; but if I were confident enough, I could have borrowed.  I'd
have had to wait a while - I'm not sure MS were traded when I was 17.
--
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
  - Greek proverb