[LMB] more title search

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 02:11:01 BST 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: Lois McMaster Bujold
Still mulling titles, unsatisfactorily... wish I could come up with
something as memorable and mysteriously evocative as _A Fish Dinner in
Memison_, but alas.

Micki: Surely there must be wine in Cedonia. The Cedonia Vintage?

But of the ones you have, I like "A Sorcerer in Cedonia" (I hear alliteration; you
know our English centaur and Cerberus? Well, in Japanese, they are prounounced with
a hard K sound . . . and apparently they are closer to the Greek than we English-
speakers are. So . . . in my mind, it's Sedonia, not Kedonia.)

And I do like A Widow of Cedonia -- mysterious female and sounds a little bit
Sherlocky for some reason. And reminds me of Shakespeare, but precisely what, I
can't pinpoint (it's a busy morning and my brain isn't working as smoothly as it
should).

Micki