[LMB] more title search

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 13 23:44:15 BST 2016

On Wed, October 12, 2016 1:55 pm, Lois McMaster Bujold wrote:
> Still mulling titles, unsatisfactorily... wish I could come up with
> something as memorable and mysteriously evocative as _A Fish Dinner in
> Memison_, but alas.
>
> This morning's brainstorming, or braindrizzing, produced:
>
> A Sorcerer in Cedonia
> Penric in Cedonia
> Penric in Patos
> A Sorcerer Astray
> An Envoy Astray
> Penric's Mission
> A Simple Mission
> A Widow of Cedonia
> Astray in Cedonia
> Chaos in Cedonia
> The Envoy and Madame Owl

I would recommend against "Cedonia" in the title -- it doesn't really
convey anything to readers.  (Then again, I suppose "Curse of Chalion"
didn't either, but if you're aiming to draw in new readers, as opposed to
informing old readers, I'd skip "Noun That Means Nothing (Yet)".)

> General formats of: An Event in Cedonia, Noun of Cedonia, Entity in/to
> Cedonia...  argh.  And the endless inevitable Penric and X/Penric's
> X/Penric in X, Whatevers.

Yeah.  Argh.

I'm thinking:

The Light of Other Shores