[LMB] more title search

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 02:14:17 BST 2016

________________________________
'Hecate' is pronounced by modern Pagans, Witches, Polytheists, and Hellenists, Revivalist or otherwise, in a few different ways. The Greek pronunciation seems to be HECK-ity, so that's the one I use to address or to refer to my Matron (as we refer to those Goddesses we follow, particularly honor, or are in service to). HECK-at (Shakespearian), or heh-CA-teh are also common. 'Athame' has a couple of accepted pronunciations, but one of my co-religionists makes it rhyme and match cadence with "whammy", making most of us wince.

I remember when Katherine's (aka in the SCA: Lady Bevin Fraser of Stirling) first book came out and people were uncertain of the pronunciation of 'Deryni'. In this list, Jim Davis, Ma Foxti, and I knew her before the first book was published, when she was working for the LAPD.

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com
ooh, in between other stuff I'm working my way through the Deryni books. I'm up to King Javan's year.