[LMB] truth in labeling puzzle

T Neill t_neill at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:00:23 BST 2016

I think as long as the actual word count is somewhere fairly accessible--on the book pages or in the front matter. Because if it's marketed as a novella, people are going to nominate it as a novella, and the administrators need to know to move it if necessary. (Which is problematic, at least for the Hugos, because if I nominate 5 things in novel and New Penric in Novella, they won't move it to the correct category because I've already maxed out my novel nominations.)

This is all assuming Lois has any kind of eye on nominations. If that's not a factor, then go with whatever makes the most sense for what ARE the relevant factors.

T Neill

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions; but everyone is not entitled to their own facts."
--Daniel Patrick Moynihan