[LMB] truth in labeling puzzle

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Wed Oct 19 21:38:30 BST 2016

On Oct 19, 2016, at 1:11 PM, M R Dolbear would suggest

> A long novella  in the world of the five gods or even
>
> An extra long novella  in the world of the five gods.

A novella-ish story in the world of the five gods?

A story, somewhere between a novella and a novel, in the world of the five gods?

7 [or whatever the number is] chapters in the world of the five gods?

Make up a new word?  Novelina.  Petit Novel, or of course, just Little Novel.  Long story.  Mega story.

Eh, I think just going with novella will actually work best for your customers.  Maybe put an asterisk next to novella and give a brief explanation at the bottom of the page or somewhere (copyright page? wherever the info on the cover art goes).
A novella* in the world of the five gods.

*Actually a teensy bit longer than the technical definition of novella, but rather short to call it a novel.  Or words to that effect.

Katherine