[LMB] Wide Green Distraction

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 01:40:13 BST 2016

I'm in a pretty busy patch of my life right now, so of course this is the
moment that I suddenly, for no reason that I can fathom, get an
overpowering urge to reread the WGW series.

It gets better each time. I keep finding more, and giving more attention
to the secondary characters.

And of course there's scenes I'd love to see. The extra bits I yearn to
know about:

First and foremost, Sumac and Arkady's visit to her family. For the first
time she has a bloke that out-statuses Dar. Plus there'd be Cumbia and
Dar blaming Dag for Sumac staying away, and for staying with his
farmer wife, and for not becoming a maker when Cumbia wanted him
to, and for just existing. And Sumac's reaction. And Arkady's reaction
(or, in his case, non-reaction, but non-reaction with IMPACT.)  I LONG
to see what happened with that.

The reaction in the camps to having farmers joining the patrols. Again,
I'm sure that Dar and Cumbia will see it as some dark plot and revenge
of Dag's. (Sort of correct, but not in the way they'd see it.)

I'd love to see a malice break out down south, where they don't expect it.

Dag and Fawn, and their children, visiting his old camp in a few years' time.

And maybe a revisit in a few centuries, to see how that world has changed.

But most of all that Sumac-Arkady camp visit!

Gwynne (Time. I have no time. Oh look, a book.....)