[LMB] Wide Green Distraction

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Oct 21 01:55:18 BST 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 12:40:13AM +0000, Gwynne Powell wrote:

> I'm in a pretty busy patch of my life right now, so of course this is the
> moment that I suddenly, for no reason that I can fathom, get an
> overpowering urge to reread the WGW series.
>
> It gets better each time. I keep finding more, and giving more attention
> to the secondary characters.
>
> And of course there's scenes I'd love to see. The extra bits I yearn to
> know about:
>
> First and foremost, Sumac and Arkady's visit to her family. For the first
> time she has a bloke that out-statuses Dar. Plus there'd be Cumbia and
> Dar blaming Dag for Sumac staying away, and for staying with his
> farmer wife, and for not becoming a maker when Cumbia wanted him
> to, and for just existing. And Sumac's reaction. And Arkady's reaction
> (or, in his case, non-reaction, but non-reaction with IMPACT.)  I LONG
> to see what happened with that.

and after a while, Arkady gets fed up to HERE! with Cumbia badmouthing
the best apprentice Arkady has ever had and lets her know, politely
but scathingly (I'm sure Arkady can do both, simultaneously) that Dag
is doing _Important Work_ where he is, _Work That Cannot Be Done_ in
Hickory Lake camp (no farmers, see?). A scene I definitely would like
to see (fly on the tent wall).