[LMB] An OT aside, was: truth in labeling puzzle

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sat Oct 22 09:49:32 BST 2016

On Oct 19, 2016, at 04:00 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> quoted:

>>A woman came up to me on the street and pointed to my suede jacket.
"You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" she sneered.
I replied in a psychotic tone: "I didn't know there were any witnesses.
Now I'll have to kill you too." - Jake Johanson<<

and a psychotic tone would be? I know it's humor, but still...I'm curious!

One hopes that the bovine was used for other purposes: meat, bones for stock etc, hide, and other uses. There's a restaurant in Sebastopol which claims to use the entire pig. Too bad I'd rather have lamb or mutton.

I hate wasting a food animal for only a part of it. The horns, the liver, bile duct, heart, or fin, and then tossing the animal away (or just leaving its mutilated body) is cruel, wasteful, and despicable in my eyes. Why yes, I am registered as an organ donor, and I give blood.

Marina