[LMB] Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 23 20:47:24 BST 2016

It has been kinda quiet.  I've been thinking of something from the start of the book. Jole notes his aide is from the Womens auxiliary, rather than regular army. I wonder how long before the two merge and everybody is regular army/service? Another decade? A generation or two? By the end of Gregor's reign?

And farther along, there's Cordelia's discussions with city planners. What sorts of things do they automatically plan, and what do they need to be reminded of, like parks. Especially when starting from bare ground, rather than adding bits and pieces to an existing village/small town/whatever.  A hospital will be planned no doubt, but will they leave plenty of room for expansion. The hospitals around here always seem to have a project with them. I doubt they'll ever break the habit.  And I imagine the university offers studies in the more practical areas, agriculture, engineering, etc. Will they plan for expansion in the arts, philosophy, etc?  And will there be museums?