[LMB] An OT aside, was: truth in labeling puzzle

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 24 03:02:22 BST 2016

Yes they do care mightily for AB - . When I was attending teachers college in the 1970's a bus from the Red Cross came around for blood donations. There was one boy who was AB- and they milked him on the dot . If he was away the van didn't come. They didn't care about the rest of us with ordinary O, A or D . I was a blood donor until the mid 1980's when they changed the rules about how many tries they could try to get a vein ( only one go now) they told me to go away and never darken their door again. I have plain old O+ and they said if I had been an interesting blood group they would have moved heaven and earth to get at it . My veins were destroyed by three months in hospital on a cortisone drip when I was pregnant with my son.

Helen

Kind Regards,
Helen Fenton