[LMB] An OT aside, was: truth in labeling puzzle

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 04:59:15 BST 2016

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 19:20:14 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>I used to have a rare-blood card, but it was never used.   I have AB- (the same as Heinlein’s).  I donate blood, but not because of its type.   (Do they still care that much about blood type?)

Yeah, it still matters.  More for some than others.  There's one type
that is "universal recipient" (AB Rh D positive) which gives you the
best odds.  There's another type that's "universal donor" (type O Rh D
negative), which means you can donate to almost anyone.

Those "universal" tags are not 100% accurate, mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type
--
"The war isn't the war between the blacks and the whites, the liberals
 and the conservatives,  or the Federation and the Romulans.