[LMB] Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:34:11 BST 2016

[LMB] Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!
catherine muir c_muir68 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:31:30 BST 2016

One important strand in GJRQ is dialogue.  Looking back over the series,
I can't recall too many examples of a viewpoint character really
engaging in conversation with minor characters, or anybody not a family
member (including armsmen in that) or soon to be significant other.
They talk to, talk at even, speechify to but listen and respond? Not so
much.

LMB:  But... if they did have a lot of dialogue, they'd be a major
character.

(Also, in general, only plot-relevant conversations are detailed.)

That said, continue with the GJRQ thought...

Ta, L.