[LMB] Re: A use for human cloning technology that isn't unethical?

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Oct 24 22:19:53 BST 2016

On Oct 23, 2016, at 10:54 PM, Helen Fenton <hifenton at internode.on.net> wrote:
>>It would also help in the UK with their problem with mad cow disease. My niece was a regular donor in Australia and spent three years in Europe and Uk and cannot donate blood again here in Australia.

same for the US. To a certain extent, poor practices in the ag&food industries, allowing the use of "meat by-products" and organ meat in feedstock, and thus in whatever ate it, or its material used as fertilizer, poisoned, if only in the mind, the entire downstream products.

For the most part, I should think those abroad, from whichever countries' blood safety concerns mandate, could be tested for the presence of putrified prions (hey, work with me here), and certified clean. There are a lot of people proscribed from donating blood due to fears of the presence of a disease, rather than asking potential donors to pay for a test that would say whether or not the person was clear of a disqualifying factor due to their travels, potential toros locos, or possibly, HIV status. The last can turn positive without one's knowledge, of course, and may be harder to test for. My personal opinion is that a person without full-on AIDS, might approve a transfusion for their own use from a man they know who has sex with other men. If I needed a transfusion, and my friend who is deemed HIV+, in spite of no measurable Tcells any more, was a match for me, I'd allow it. I know the care he's taken with his health in the more than half his life since he was "gifted" with it in his teens from a woman he dated. I seem to recall she knew, but didn't tell him her status.

Marina