[LMB] A use for human cloning technology that isn't unethical?

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Oct 24 23:50:44 BST 2016

> On Oct 24, 2016, at 3:29 PM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, my younger husband will not outlive me, in all likelihood: he has Devic's Disease, and I expect within 10 years, save unforeseen developments in treatment, he will be blind, dead, or blind and dead. At least he isn't worsening his health by doing more than for which he has energy, unlike one of his friends with a severely compromised immune system.

Sorry.

There have been SF stories exploring what happens when you know the age of one’s death.   I wonder what percentage of people would find that to be a comfort and what percentage wouldn’t.   And what percentage of people would become reckless.

What is the expectation for Miles lifespan at the end of <i>Gentleman Jole & The Red Queen>/i>?