[LMB] OT: Scrivener offer..

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 15:02:02 BST 2016

1. NaNoWriMo - Literature & Latte Sponsor NaNoWriMo 2016, Plus Special
Offers

For those of you who use Scrivener to write fiction and who don't
already know, we are fast approaching NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing
Month. NaNoWriMo is an event that takes place every November (and is a
bit of a misnomer, because although it started in the US it is now
international), in which thousands of possibly insane novelists and
would-be novelists attempt to hammer out 50,000 words in 30 days. As
NaNoWriMo founder Chris Baty says, it is about "quantity over quality" -
the idea being to overcome whatever fears you have about, or excuses you
make to avoid, writing a novel, and give yourself permission to write
rubbish in the knowledge that many thousands of others are in exactly
the same boat.

So, should you decide you don't want any sleep this November, here's the
official website:

http://www.nanowrimo.org

Some of the first users of Scrivener came from the NaNoWriMo forums and
put early versions of Scrivener to the test back during NaNoWriMo 2005
and 2006. This year we are once again proud to be official NaNo
sponsors, just as we have been for the past several years:
--
Rules are for the guidance of the Wise, and blind observance of Fools. - Oscar Wilde