[LMB] Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 23:42:52 BST 2016

But militaries tend to be much more conservative than general society.
When change occurs, it happens quickly, but it comes very slowly.  Given
how significant military service is in Barrayaran psychology, I expect the
total process to take quite a while, but arguably it's already begun.  When
did the B military become primarily a technological one?  That's the point
at which the process would begin.

Keep in mind that B is in something of a very tepid Cold War with
Cetaganda.  No one wants to institute changes that might hurt military
preparedness.  Our RW arguments over what parts of the military should be
gender-integrated and to what degree are happening largely because we've
been at peace for a long time and expect to remain so.

Matt G.