[LMB] Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!

Pat Mathews MATHEWS55 at msn.com
Wed Oct 26 01:02:02 BST 2016

Don't forget, K'burg is also in the middle of a desert. Less than 10" rainfall per year? Or marginally better? Okay - they have the lake, which helps. But in desert country the limiting factor is always and forever water. (No, do NOT get me started on "Well, we can always mine the aquifer! Cue up a Woody Guthrie song here.)

I'll bet Cordelia has seen to it that the University there has a Department of Practical Ecology, too! Prerequisites - biology and planetology 101 and 102.

But I'll bet part of the nearby countryside is grassland. Not that one can herd and/or eat the hexapods, but the picnic that metastasized into a giant spectacular proved they do raise beef cattle around there. So there will still be a place for a mobile cowtown.