[LMB] Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Wed Oct 26 19:03:21 BST 2016

On 10/26/2016 05:52 AM, Walter Bushell wrote:
> The Yellowstone Volcano is active and the last time it blew it’s stack,
> it was a *DISASTER* for all of North America and 1800 and Froze to
> Death for the rest of the Northern Hemisphere.
>
> Perhaps we should colonize the continental shelfs?!

I think we should certainly plan for major disasters of that size.
Super-volcanoes, comet impacts, etc.

We should, at a minimum, have three years of emergency water and food
stores for the entire population distributed across the country where
they can be reached by the population without engines. And natural,
non-hybrid seed banks.

If we can spend billions on the military to protect us against other
countries why not spend on protecting against natural disaster as well.