[LMB] Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 22:31:49 BST 2016

If we're going to have fantasies about rational and sensible societal
design, why not imagine that we mandate every city must be able to produce
enough food to maintain its population within a radius of a horse-drawn
wagon's daily mileage?

As it is, we've built metropoli that would starve to death in three days if
continental-level shipping is disrupted.  New York State doesn't produce
the kinds of food needed to keep New York City alive.

Not to mention the madness of *rebuilding* New Orleans.

Matt "am I crazy?  Am *I* crazy?" G.