[LMB] Wide Green Distraction

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 23:32:55 BST 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 12:40:13AM +0000, Gwynne Powell wrote:
>
> > First and foremost, Sumac and Arkady's visit to her family. For the first
> > time she has a bloke that out-statuses Dar. Plus there'd be Cumbia and
> > Dar blaming Dag for Sumac staying away, and for staying with his
> > farmer wife, and for not becoming a maker when Cumbia wanted him
> > to, and for just existing. And Sumac's reaction. And Arkady's reaction
> > (or, in his case, non-reaction, but non-reaction with IMPACT.)  I LONG
> > to see what happened with that.
>
> and after a while, Arkady gets fed up to HERE! with Cumbia badmouthing
> the best apprentice Arkady has ever had and lets her know, politely
> but scathingly (I'm sure Arkady can do both, simultaneously) that Dag
> is doing _Important Work_ where he is, _Work That Cannot Be Done_ in
> Hickory Lake camp (no farmers, see?). A scene I definitely would like
> to see (fly on the tent wall).

oh, yeah. That visit.

Gwynne, you're missing one important point. Dag will be blamed for keeping
Sumac away,  but simultaneously Sumac will be blamed for not dragging Dag
back, with or without his paramour. (Cumbia will surely drive her away,
given time.) (for any given value of 'her, hah!)

Fred, you hit my favorite thing - righteous anger that combines polite and
scathing.  So many high society folk manage polite and scathing to punch
down, not up.

sylvia