[LMB] Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?

Jonathan Spencer jonrspence at aol.com
Thu Oct 27 14:59:55 BST 2016

There is a big difference in living in  places  that are prone to earthquakes, floods, hurricanes and tornados where we can design and build in a way that one can not only survive  the event, but do so with minimal damage, versus living next to a volcano that is likely to erupt in a manner that cannot be survived  regardless of the construction methods available.     Any habitable  planet is likely to be both meteorologically and geologically active.

One thing that Cordelia has to deal with is that the population she has to persuade is likely to have a very high risk tolerance.  These are people who have already chosen to move to a new planet with lots of unknowns and lots of risks.  They are by nature not timid folks and are more concerned about dealing with the more immediate threats from local wildlife.

Jonathan Spencer
jonrspence at aol.com