[LMB] Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!

baur baur baur at chello.at
Fri Oct 28 05:34:04 BST 2016

every mountain is a climbers mountain 8) (says somebody who grew up in Tyrol)

the only questions remaining are the amount of skill (technique) needed and the
amount of support (equipment) needed and the amount of (weather) luck needed

the available skill and support amounts have increased over time - the amount of
luck necessary has decreased over time

and its those mountains that need(or needed) all three that remain in public
memory - things like the Eiger north face (the Mordwand), the Everest, and
others

Servus

markus