[LMB] Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:12:38 BST 2016

> ....  A hospital will be planned no doubt, but will they leave plenty of
> room for expansion. The hospitals around here always seem to have a project
> with them. I doubt they'll ever break the habit.  And I imagine the
> university offers studies in the more practical areas, agriculture,
> engineering, etc.
> --

and housing. Cheap Housing, both temporary & permanent.
Doctors will want to live near the hospital, can nurses afford it?
Hospitals also need housing for relatives of patients who want to stay
overnight, who want to stay for a week or a month, and who have to pay
rent/mortgage on their own home while staying near the hospital.

Universities will have off-campus students who want to live nearby and no
pay much. Visitors (read, parents aunts uncles cousins friends) will often
want a temporary place to stay that does not include Our Shawn & His Four
Roommates & Their Dirty Socks. Specially if a visit includes significant
travel, too much for a day trip.

Reading Project Elfhome (have you read it yet? Go read it!)  and one pair
of short stories is based around someone who desperately needs a place to
live and university housing is just for students ... "so I'll take a
class." Fell off my seat laughing.