[LMB] AKICOT: L translating comics

Baur baur at chello.at
Fri Oct 28 18:27:31 BST 2016

Am 28.10.2016 um 18:55 schrieb Sylvia McIvers:
> I never read Neil Gaiman's Sandman series and decided to start...
> and it's in multiple languages.
>
> Does anyone know how to go about translating when the text has to fit into
> the same word-bubbles?
>
> What about when *pow* there are *shazzam!* words directly on the *BOOM*
> pictures?

  i only know that translating comics can be a major effort - up to
redrawing pictures if they have the onomatopoetika directly drawn on them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erika_Fuchs

as a famous example translator

Translating Asterix into the many languagws was also notoriously difficult

servus

markus

> Sylvia

Email from my mobile connection.