[LMB] OT: Mountains, was Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!

Beatrice Otter beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com
Fri Oct 28 19:48:48 BST 2016

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Marc:> What we'd call a mountain in the UK probably has a village on it in
Tyrol. :)

From: Meg Justus <mmjustus at mmjustus.com>:
It's not a mountain unless it's permanently snowcapped or has erupted in the last 1000 years.  Says the Pacific Northwesterner :)

Beatrice Otter:Heh. Yes. In seminary, our first year we were assigned local congregations to help out in. The first Sunday, I got there and they asked me how the fog was coming over the mountain.
I hadn't noticed a mountain on the drive over, so I was somewhat confused. Driving home, I realized that they must have meant the big ridge I drove over.  But as an Oregonian, I don't think that anything you can drive up and over in 15 minutes counts as a mountain.
I later learned that it was part of the Appalachian Trail.
Beatrice Otter