[LMB] OT: Mountains, was Are we still reading Gentleman Jole and the the Red Queen?!

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Oct 28 23:08:07 BST 2016

On Oct 28, 2016, at 11:48 AM, Beatrice Otter <beatrice_otter at haugensgalleri.com> wrote:
> Beatrice Otter: The first Sunday, I got there and they asked me how the fog was coming over the mountain.
> I hadn't noticed a mountain on the drive over, so I was somewhat confused.

The smog in the "Inland Empire"--east of Kellogg Hill, against which CalPoly Pomona (with Kellogg Arabian horses) is placed, and extending through much of San Bernardino and Riverside counties--is so bad in late August when new students arrive at the Claremont Colleges that the San Gabriel mountains a few miles north are invisible. Somewhere mid-September the smog lifts,  greatly startling new students.

The San Andreas faultzone is easily seen if you drive east or west within them.

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com