[LMB] OT: Karma? was TV subtitles

Nicholas David Rosen ndrosen at erols.com
Sat Oct 29 20:08:50 BST 2016

Jerrie Adkins wrote:

> Gwynne recounts lots of injurious misadventures.
>
> Eek!  Uncle Murphy has surely been loving you well lately.  I'm glad things are going better now.
>
> I've been feeling some of that love this week.  In basically the same day, I found out I had: high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, & a slothful thyroid. Happy Birthday to me!
>
> Lots of new meds [all to be taken at different times of day, of course], new devices, and whole new worlds of inconvenience.  It's vexatious [with all 5 vowels], but manageable.
>
> Nothing's broken, so Gwynne wins on points there.
>
> Jerrie

Not to practice medicine without a license, but you might want to consider a low-fat vegetarian diet.  I'm a vegetarian (for ethical, rather than health, reasons), and I have low cholesterol, pretty low blood pressure, no diabetes, and a thyroid which, so far as I'm aware, is doing its job.  There have been studies on this, and while diet is a complicated issue for which there are different studies pointing in different directions, there do seem to be benefits to a vegetarian diet.  You don't even half to go whole lack of hog to benefit from modifying your diet.

Best Regards,
Nicholas D. Rosen
ndrosen at erols.com
ndrosen.livejournal.com