[LMB] Wide Green questions....

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 20:59:49 BST 2016

And who wants to test it by going up to a malice and stabbing it with a
knife that might not, and probably won't, work?

Even if it's possible to create it, I don't think very many farmers are
willing to be killed early (even if it's only a few minutes) to test it.
And the most suitable candidates - the people on the very verge of death -
are most unlikely to be able to give consent then.  Yes, prior consent
could be established, but...

Sharing knives are precious, but I don't think there's a noticeable dearth
of them.  Cases like that song with the two lovers deciding who gets to
share are likely uncommon to rare.  So I don't think anyone's been so
desperate that they could test it.

Things might change if farmer and walker societies grow closer, but I
suspect not in the protagonists' lifetimes.

Matt G.